You may have heard the exciting news: Instagram has made it possible for partners like us to post directly on your behalf.
We've been hard at work and are happy to announce Iconosquare now offers automatic posting for your single-image posts* once you've enabled these permissions.
To enable automatic posting, follow these 3 simple steps:
1.) Navigate to the Scheduler section of Iconosquare here.
2.) Click the green banner link "Unlock".
3.) Authorize Iconosquare's access to the Facebook permission 'Create post in your Instagram account'
Here's a quick run-through below of just how simple it is to grant permission to Iconosquare:
To schedule an automatic post, follow these steps:
- Click on 'New Post' and select 'Photo or video'
- Upload or select a single image from your Media Library (the image must follow, or later be cropped to, the specs which you'll find below)
- Crop the image if needed and add your caption & hashtags as normal.
- Add a geolocation and tag the people or brands in your photo by clicking on the media. Make sure you use their exact Instagram handle.
- If you have your the post validation security measure switched on, you'll need to validate your automatic post through the app to ensure it posts automatically. You can find more information about that here.
- As long as the blue 'Automatically post to Instagram' box is ticked, your post is validated & your image fits all the specs, your media will be posted automatically to Instagram!
6. You can always check which of your posts in the calendar will post automatically by seeing which of them have the little lightning bolt icon next to the thumbnail. If your post appears like this, it's good to go!
*Images must follow these specifications:
Maximum file size: 8MB
We support JPEG, PNG, BMP, and non-animated GIFs
Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio range
Minimum resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
Maximum resolution: 1920x1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
Videos are not currently available through automatic posting.
What if I want to schedule a post that doesn't follow the above specs?
That's easy! You can still schedule media through our scheduler as you did before. We'll send you a notification when it's time to post. For push notification posts, our scheduler accepts photos up to 15MB and videos up to 150MB! Click here to watch our tutorial about notification posting!
This handy flowchart will also help to explain whether your posts will post automatically or not:
Which plans include automatic posting?
All Iconosquare plans can benefit from automatic posting**. If you're looking for IG insights such as Stories, reach and impressions, you'll still need to upgrade to our PRO or ADVANCED plans here. Once you've upgraded, you can link your IG Insights to Iconosquare by following the steps here.
I scheduled media before you released automatic posting, will these post automatically?
No. Media scheduled before automatic posting was enabled won't be posted automatically. They will still require post confirmation on Instagram.
Can I schedule an automatic post through the Android/iOS apps?
You can now schedule automatic posts through the Android and iOS apps. Please make sure you downloaded the latest version of our app.
How can I disable the automatic posting for a given post?
Even if you enabled the automatic posting, you can still disable it for a given post by unchecking the checkbox "Post automatically to Instagram" on the scheduler popin, before scheduling your post:
Which Facebook Business Page roles can authorize automatic posting?
You must have one of the following roles on that page: Admin, Editor.
NB: When scheduling automatic posts one after the other please make sure that there is at least a 5 minute interval between posts. Otherwise the images may post out of the order that you had envisaged.
**Note: Automatic posting will only apply to Instagram Business users. To make sure you're set up to benefit, revisit our article on Business verification. If you are not an IG business profile, you can still schedule your media through Iconosquare and will follow the non-automatic posting method.