We have had to update the Media Viewer due to recent changes to the Instagram API, which you can read more about here.
Here is a full list of changes to the Media Viewer, as of April 19th 2018:
- you can't like media through the platform anymore, and you can't view the list of people who liked your post
- the comments are now only available to view on your own media. You won't be able to view comments for any other user's media
- you can only comment on your own media or media that you've been tagged in, or mentioned in the caption (keep track of these with our new Tags & Mentions Feed!)
- you'll only be able to open the Media Viewer for your own media, media you're tagged or mentioned in, your Competitors' media, or the media in one of your Feeds
- all avatars except your own have been removed from the Media Viewer and replaced with an icon containing the first two letters of the user's @handle.
- when you click on a user's username from within the Media Viewer it will open their profile on Instagram, not on Iconosquare.
How the new Media Viewer looks on your own media:
How the new Media Viewer looks on another user's media: