Iconosquare is an official Instagram Business Partner and we work extremely closely with Instagram to bring all the newest features to our platform.
When Instagram releases a new feature on their app, it generally takes around 4-5 months to test the feature and work out all the bugs and make improvements for users. From there, Instagram works closely with its partners to deliver features to third-party apps through their API. Sometimes, this process can take longer than expected and there are features that Instagram prefer not to make available through the API for third-party services.
Here is a list of features that have not been made available through the API yet (meaning no services besides Instagram have access to these). As soon as they are made available, our developers will start to build this feature into the Iconosquare desktop and mobile apps!
The list of features not yet available:
- Liking comments
- Instagram Live
- DM's (or direct messages)
- Stories add-ons (stickers, swipe-up links, GIFs, Locations, Hashtags etc.)
- Shoppable links
- Follow Hashtags
- Story Highlights
- Stories that you are @mentioned in that you have added to your own Story via Add This To Your Story (this was available but was removed as of 5th Dec 2018)
- New Discovery breakdown (non-followers vs. followers, discover through hashtag etc.)
- Story poll results/slider results
- Spotify integration
- Video chat
Rest assured that as soon as these features become available on Iconosquare, we'll be shouting it from the rooftops!